Friday, October 4, 2013

Boobies: Overworked and Underpaid

My goal before the twins was to exclusively breastfeed both of my boys. That hasn't happened as I still supplement with formula, but the boys still get their fair share of "boobie snacks" as I call them, and they are well into their sixth month of life. 

I truly enjoy breastfeeding and would love to be able to provide the boys with "boobie snacks" until they are a year old. But sometimes, after a long day of boobie snacks, my boobs feel battered, bruised, sore and not particularly attractive.

 That's when I begin to feel sorry for my boobies, because they seem overworked and underpaid, until I remind myself that the positives far out weigh the physical discomfort. 

When I remind myself that breastfeeding brings me joy because I can give my boys comfort and the reassurance that I will always be there for them, and that I have been providing them with valuable health benefits; it exposes my complaints to a dose of reality.
The reality that breastfeeding has been an overall beautiful experience and I'm truly grateful that I have had the opportunity to snuggle two babies to my bosom. 



Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory




No comments:

Post a Comment