Friday, November 8, 2013

I Am A Human Jungle Gym. That is All.

When my boys aren't hanging from my boobs like baby Tarzan's, they are climbing on me; kind of like baby Tarzan's.

The have just turned 7 months, have learned to sit up, and realize that there is more to life than the area of their play mats. These kids want to explore, and explore they will.

They. Never. Sit. Still. Not. Ever. 

Baby boy A (I still don't know if I want to reveal their names quite yet) who is the bigger twin has already bumped his cute bigger than average little head more times than I care to count.  

Go ahead and lay the bad mother award on me. 

I would now like to take this time to thank every single person that lied to told me things would get easier when my boys got older. Guess what? It hasn't.

I am still sleep deprived, and my nerves are now shot to shreds because I am constantly worried that my boys are going to get hurt trying to learn to crawl legitimately.  And because they are CONSTANTLY vying for my affection at every possible moment. 

Sometimes I miss the days when I could lay them down on their soft little blankets on the floor and leave the room because I knew they weren't going anywhere, and they weren't trying to put any and everything in their mouths.  And when they didn't really care who got picked up first.

They are now sleeping but I can still feel their tiny baby hands all over my body as they both sat rolled in my lap because, heaven forbid I hold only one baby at a time. They both had to pull my hair, then pull each other's hair, then cry because it hurt, then try to breastfeed though my shirt, then try to bite my boob off cause they really didn't want to eat.

Then cry because they were sleepy. Then get silly and dissolve into giggles because they were sleepy. Until eventually, they passed out. 

My kiddos are insane. And I absolutely love it.


So Comment away!!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

2 comments:

  1. It will get better. But honestly, not significantly better until they're three. I have girl twins (fraternal and grown now). The whole first year of their lives was a constant cycle of feeding and diaper changing. Oh, how I'd love to go back though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and encouragement! Even with the constant feeding diaper changing, I am learning how to enjoy my boys more and not feel like I'm just surviving. Motherhood is one of the best experiences ever.

      Delete