Monday, December 2, 2013

Small Victories



I have only been a proud member of the mother hood club for 8 months, but I am already too familiar with motherhood guilt. That guilt you feel when you believe that you have let your spouse or kids down. When you feel as if you haven't accomplished enough in your day. 



I hate the guilt. I hate the unnecessary pressure that I put upon myself. The expectations that I feel like I am supposed to be living up to; expectations that aren't even coming from my own heart. 



I had to have a heart to heart talk with my father, God, about the pressure that I was feeling, and he placed upon my heart the words that He spoke in Genesis after He created the heavens and earth. "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good..." Genesis 1:31


That made me think. What if I lived my life that way? What if I found joy in the small things and celebrated what I had accomplished instead of lamenting what I hadn't been able to get done?


What if I didn't stress over the small things? What if I simply was thankful for waking up every morning? Thankful for my boys being alive, healthy, and happy?  I bet my days would go a lot smoother, I would probably get a lot more done, and have more peace, if I focused on the positive. 



So that is what I have been doing. I have been counting everything joy. I have been thankful for every accomplishment. Reveling in the small victories, because that is what life is all about. And so far, so far it has made my life so much more enjoyable. 




Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory


No comments:

Post a Comment