Sunday, January 5, 2014

Building a Business

               When I was in kindergarten I had to write down my top 10 things I wanted to be when I grew up. That list looked a little like this:

Chef ( I throws down in the kitchen)

Waitress (this was a really glamorous career option to me at the age of 5)

Figure skater (I wanted to be the next Michelle Kwan) 

A mom (I can check that off the list)

And a Business Owner (This, this, right here is throwing me for a loop)

As you can see I have wanted to open my own business since I was a little girl. I have been making jewelry and selling it since I was 11 but I haven't been able to really turn it into a thriving, lucrative business. Mostly because I haven't put the right amount of time and energy into growing my business. I am heavy on the creative side, but I slack off majorly when it comes to the business side and promoting my work.

I want to walk in the footsteps of the Proverbs 31 woman, "She makes linen garments and sells them,  and supplies the merchants with sashes." (Proverbs 31:24)

I want to be able to help contribute financially to my family while fulfilling the desires of my heart, to make a career out of what I love. Now that the twins are here I have more than enough motivation to pursue all of my goals. To accomplish all of the goals that I have laid out for myself, goals that will not only benefit myself, but will benefit my family as well. 


My babies in the first store they were sold in back in the day.

So I guess this could be considered my new years resolution. To slowly but surely turn my passion into a career, oh and to finish getting my degree too lol.  I want to continue chasing my dreams and indulging in the things that I love, because continuing to pursue my hobbies and things that I enjoy can only make me a better wife and mother. 

Cheers to the new year, to new endeavors, new hopes and new dreams. I will keep you all posted on my journey to turn my dreams into a reality and to live the life I love.




Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment