Thursday, September 4, 2014

Right Now.....

I am sitting on the couch in my living room listening to Ky 'read' to King in their bedroom, and I can't help but think that right now is incredibly good. I, like most of the world, have a billion things to get done and probably a billion more things that I could complain about but, I honestly know that I have so much more to be grateful for. 

It is an interesting feeling to want to complain or stress and it just won't happen. I feel like I am experiencing the act of just being that is so refreshing and relaxing I am shocked that I haven't done this sooner. My love shared with me a quote from Yogi Bhajan that reads, “We’re human Beings, not human Doings.”, and that really blew my mind. 

I, for one, would definitely classify myself as a human doing, it is very hard for me to just 'be'. I feel like I have to be doing something at all times or I will look lazy. As you can see it has nothing to do with what I feel but how my inactivity will be perceived by others. I believe this is another turning point for me in my quest to live a more balanced and harmonious life. 

I will revel in these small moments where I feel completely relaxed and at ease and content. I will learn to just 'be' regardless of the situation, and make the transition from a human doing, to a human being.


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment